As I’ve noted elsewhere what I find most strange about the whole Sony XCP saga (apart from one of the largest media companies on the internet actually distributing one of the biggest infections of malicious code of all time; or the fact that in doing so it voiolated the GPL, and thus the very copyright it was trying to protect) is the names of some of the CDs the evil software was on:
- Our Lady Peace, Healthy in Paranoid Times (Columbia)
- Switchfoot, Nothing is Sound (Columbia)
- Van Zant, Get Right with the Man (Columbia)
- The Coral, The Invisible Invasion (Columbia)
- Acceptance, Phantoms (Columbia)
- The Bad Plus, Suspicious Activity (Columbia)
I mean, surely someone should have looked a little closer at all that?